01952 605849 [email protected]
QuestionsCategory: Questions - Chris LloydWhat type of enclosure can be safely exposed to animal and vegetable fats for use in food processing facilities?
SHooper78 asked 4 years ago

Hi, Just want to know what enclosure would you suggest if its being exposed to both animal and vegetable fat? Thanks

1 Answers
Best Answer
Chris Lloyd Staff answered 4 years ago

Hello, thanks for the question!
Picking the right electrical enclosure is essential for businesses in the food processing industry. The equipment at these plants is often exposed to harsh chemicals and other substances, which can limit the service life, damage the structure and compromise the electrical components within it.
If your enclosure is likely to be exposed to vegetable and animal fats, you should look for one made of duroplastic, polyethylene, polypropylene, polyurethane or aluminium.
Spelsberg manufactures standard and bespoke enclosures made of all these materials in order to support a wide range of applications. In particular, we offer the TK range of industrial enclosures in aluminium (TK AL) as well as the WK and WKE series, which also offers system integrity in the event of fire. These housings are available with ingress protection ratings IP65, IP66 or IP67 to protect the electrical equipment from dust and water.
To learn more about what types of enclosure are most suitable to withstand exposure to particular chemicals, visit: https://www.spelsberg.co.uk/customising/special-paints-and-materials/materials/
You can use our online product finder to identify which enclosure is best for you: https://www.spelsberg.co.uk/product-finder/
If you have additional questions about our range of enclosures and their material properties, please feel free to send me a private message to discuss them.