01952 605849 [email protected]
QuestionsWhat should I look for in an enclosure for camping/caravan sites?
James Campbell asked 3 years ago
1 Answers
Chris Lloyd Staff answered 3 years ago

Dear James,

Electrical systems and enclosures in caravan and camping pitches, as well as similar areas, are exposed to harsh environmental conditions. Therefore, they need to meet a number of particular requirements, in accordance with DIN VDE 0100-708 standards.
For example, the use of equipment with protection class 0 is not permitted and enclosures must have a minimum ingress protection rating of IP44 to protect from water splashed and small objects. IP45 is necessary if the electrical equipment is likely to be sprayed with high pressure cleaners or similar. Also, a suitable enclosure must be able to protect the electrical circuits within from mechanical stresses, for instance by ensuring a minimum impact protection rating of IK07.
Many products offered by Spelsberg are suitable for use in camping and caravan sites as well as in similar applications. More precisely, our Abox, Abox-i, RK, RKA, AK, AKi, GTi, STV and GEOS ranges can provide a robust electrical installation. They are designed for demanding outdoor installations, thus they provide suitable levels of ingress and impact protection while meeting current standards.
To learn more about Spelsberg’s recommended enclosures for different applications, visit: https://www.spelsberg.co.uk/service/technical-information/technical-information/overview-of-the-installation-areas-and-the-recommended-els-installation-systems/
To look at the specifications of our various solutions for camping/caravan pitches and identify the enclosure that best address your needs, use our product finder tool: https://www.spelsberg.co.uk/product-finder/
If you have additional questions on our enclosures for camping and caravan sites or specific requests for your intended application, please feel free to send me a private message to discuss them.